The Accompanists’ Guild of NSW, together with generous support from the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, are excited to announce the inaugural “David Miller Award” for collaborative pianists. This award intends to honour the achievements and services that David Miller AM, one of Australia’s foremost collaborative pianists and educators, has given to the specialised discipline of accompaniment for many years.
The award will be held on the 29th and 30th September, 2018, at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music.
The competition will consist of two rounds:
Preliminary Round, 29th September
1. A movement from a sonata for piano and instrument of your own choice.
2. A quick study of a work sent out two weeks in advance.
Final Round, 30th September
1. The whole sonata (of which a movement was chosen for the Preliminary Round)
2. Two songs of your own choice.
- Competitors must provide their own instrumentalist and singer, plus scores for the adjudicators.
- There will be 4 finalists chosen for the second round.
- Prizes – 1st – $4,000, 2nd- $2,000.
- The age limit is 28 years of age at the closing date of the applications. (Closing date is the 29th August.)
- Entry fee – $40.
Further information is available from: